Tuesday, March 18, 2008

de ultimate suicide

suicide ultimatum.........
18 year old with 90% burns adorning her body, bringing an inapt yet subtle kerosenic aroma into the 11th hr casualty can be a gory scene even sans any worthwhile description.

Yet another sound sadistic suicide attempt failing to provide the final bang and solace to yet another bewildered soul.The ferrari had blown off in the final lap.

She is half dead if not more, all conscious if not less
muttering words of agony blaming her ill fate which would not even allow her complete a successful suicide.

Me, the junior most member of the unit expects the entire unit to pull up the socks and save the burning soul and body.Noone really seems to do anything except for a bit of exchange of words.
The unit was reeling on a glacial pace.I move up to my favourite house surgeon and ask him.He gives me that characteristic smile i too give my juniors.
"since even a 50% burn case doesnt stand any chance of survival,......i think you have got your ans.We have nothing much to do"
All that the unit could do was to prolong her death which might be very contarary to the popular motto " we heal"

I run out of the casualty fearing an overdose hallucination only to find the victims mother doing the perfect female byestanders act raising an aura of mourning.None of the people can find any reason for their daughters toughest decision of life which faintly points onto
a romantic humiliation.

My chief runs into the scene and explains to her uncle
"get the news to her near and dear"
Though the english translation fails to convey the mood and style,i guess its still audible to my readers.
The medico in me learns to concieve the ultimate message
" Get set for the funeral,there is nothing more we can do".

The only job for the attender was to apply some sort of cream on her body.Burns drain down the fluid level in the body creating shocks which wont end up with nothing less than death.The casualty which had seen innumerable deaths for past half a century geared up for its latest victim.The forensic dept had to be alerted and the death certificate had to be searched on.

I was back in the hostel and got onto the bed with a no: of thoughts all murdering my senses.
The young girl was stained chacoal black and the body had taken a complete fire shave.The words uttered were beyond recognition and that was a bit different from the familiar sounds the trauma unit knew.
But then you can communicate even sans vocals.
She was crying all in despair " let me die in peace"
Peace can mean a hell lot different from the way u knew it.

Next day i woke up late and my lady of the night is in the newspaper all in smiles.I could not get the face though the name kept echoeing into my ears.
but was the girl in the picture the one i saw???
oh no, i missed it.
This pic was taken when she was passionately carrying on her romantic career and not on the post mortem table.
rjV PROCLAIMED
08 March 14,12:34
rjvachas.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Powered By Blogger